Negril LightHouse

Thu, Jan 18, 2018 - 11:48

0 Comments

Negril Lighthouse was built in 1894 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south south east of the westernmost tip of the island of Jamaica by the French company Barber & Bernard. It is one of the earliest concrete lighthouses. Fresnel lens in operation at Negril Point Its foundation is a tank 14 feet (4.3 m) deep, which is kept filled with water to keep the 20-metre (66 ft) (27 metres (89 ft) according to Rowlett) reinforced concrete tower balanced and secured in the event of an earthquake